When it comes to choosing flooring for your home, there are a lot of different factors you must consider. Of course, it's only natural to want to select a flooring that looks good or aligns with your interior design plans. However, you must also ensure that you choose a durable product that will stand the test of time, especially if you are installing the flooring in an area that sees a lot of traffic, such as the kitchen or hallway. You must then also consider your budget, as some types of flooring are more expensive than others.
Thankfully, there are plenty of options out there that meet the above criteria, such as laminate flooring. As such, it is hardly surprising that it is one of the most popular forms of flooring in the US and beyond.
What are the benefits of installing laminate flooring?
There are many benefits associated with installing laminate flooring in your home or workspace. For example:
- Laminate flooring mimics the look of hardwood or tiles while being a fraction of the price. This means it's great for those working with a strict budget. Furthemore, its price does not affect its durability, which means it's a worthwhile form of home investment.
- Laminate flooring is made from renewable materials (such as wood and wood pulp), making it a more sustainable form of home furnishing. As a result, it's a great choice for an eco-conscious homeowner.
- Laminate flooring is durable and long-lasting in more ways than one. For example, many laminate products feature a thin, protective layer on the surface of the laminate which is both water and scratch resistant. This is particularly good for those who have pets.
- Laminate floors are easy to clean, making them an excellent choice for people with children. This is because you do not need to purchase any specialised cleaning products such as polishes, waxes or varnishes - a simple microfibre mop will work.
How long does it take a professional to lay laminate flooring?
Many people favor laminate flooring since the installation process can be relatively straightforward, especially if you chose a product that utilizes a lock and fold installation system.
However, laying laminate flooring yourself as a DIY project is not always the best solution. After all, it can take a great deal of time and energy to lay the floor correctly, and those looking for the best results should consider hiring a professional to lay their laminate flooring on their behalf.
While the amount of time it takes to lay laminate flooring will vary depending on the size of the room in question, and the current flooring within your home, many professionals will be able to lay laminate flooring relatively quickly, sometimes within a few hours.
Nevertheless, there are sometimes other factors that may extend the length of the project, however. For example, a simple box room with four corners is ideal for laying flooring and will not require much additional work such as cutting or trimming. On the other hand, rooms with multiple corners or in unusual shapes will be a little more difficult, hence why a professional is likely required for these projects.
What are the benefits of hiring a professional to lay laminate flooring?
There are many benefits to hiring a professional to lay laminate flooring in your home or business. For example:
- Hiring a professional can help you choose the right flooring for your home. There are various different styles and designs of laminate flooring to choose from, and working with a professional who understands your vision will help you to find the right fit. Alternatively, you could visit our stunning showroom to find your favorite style of laminate flooring.
- Hiring a professional saves time. As mentioned above, a professional will be able to complete all renovation projects in a timely manner. This is because they have all of the necessary skills and insight to work efficiently, while you’ll likely need to learn the basics of installing laminate flooring and brush up on your DIY skills ahead of time. If you’re carrying out a large-scale renovation project, this is valuable time wasted that you could spend elsewhere.
- Hiring a professional ensures the job is done well. A professional will likely have years of experience carrying out flooring-related tasks and projects, meaning they are much more equipped to handle the task than the average homeowner. As a result, they will ensure the project is completed to only the highest standard, reducing the chances of you dealing with problems further down the line, such as the flooring beginning to ‘lift’.
- Hiring a professional can save you money. If you’re trying to cut down on the cost of your home renovation project, you may be keen to use your DIY skills as much as possible. However, avoiding working with professionals is not always the most cost-effective approach. After all, you have to think about the amount of time it will take you to complete the project vs the amount of time it would take a professional. These are hours that could be better spent elsewhere. You may also have to buy a range of DIY tools such as a spirit level. Finally, professionals can ensure that your laminate is long-lasting by completing the job to an impeccably high standard.
Find out more.
Are you considering installing laminate flooring within your home? Get started by visiting our showroom, or browsing our website! At Ottawa Diamond flooring we have a large selection of stunning laminate flooring options for you to choose from, whether you’re renovating your bedroom or the kitchen.
Furthermore, we’re always happy to answer any questions you might have and can even carry out the installation process on your behalf. Get in touch today to find out more!